A statement of solidarity from British Muslim communities.
We are profoundly saddened by the loss of innocent lives in Paris, and our deepest condolences are with the family and friends of the victims, and the French nation.
Britons of all backgrounds, of every faith, every denomination, and none, are horrified by what we have learned, and are determined that those who seek to divide our diverse and peaceful communities in Europe will not succeed.
There is no justification for murder, and all British faith communities agree that those who commit acts of violence cannot do so in the name of any faith. Any such claim is illegitimate.
British Muslim communities are equally appalled by the violence, and angered by those who commit abhorrent acts in the name of religion. The perpetrators do not represent us; their views are perverse and self-serving.
We urge all communities in Britain and France to stand firm with compassion and solidarity. We must not let these terrorists divide us, otherwise the terrorists will win. Let us not play into their divisive narrative, and instead show them that people of all faiths and none can live peacefully, together.
Like the terrorists who want to divide communities, there will be some in the days ahead who will try to use this atrocity to attack innocent people. We equally reject their intentions.
It is evil people who do evil things; such acts will only increase our resolve to remain united.
- AML Association of Muslim Lawyers
- Ayatullah Sayed Fazel Milani, Al-Khoei Foundation
- Maulana Ahmed Nessar Beg, British Muslim Forum
- Aamer Naeem, Editor in Chief, British Muslim TV
- Muhbeen Hussain, Founder & Director, British Muslim Youth
- Mustafa Field, Faiths Forum 4 London
- Nasar Iqbal, Founder & Operations Director, Innovate Walsall
- Hayyan Ayaz Bhabha, Secretary, APPG on Islamophobia
- Moulana Shahid Reza, Mosques and Imams National Advisory Board
- Mohammed Shafiq, Chief Executive, Ramadhan Foundation
- Sayed Ali Abbas Razawi, Director General, Scottish Ahlul Bayt Society
and many more..